I know not a lot of moms can relate to me. Especially those who have help from husbands, parents, siblings or nannies. But I didn't have that kind of help most of the time and I had to focus on not only raising a son, but growing a business from home because when my son was born, I also made the decision to quit my full-time job and be with my son. This was not a popular decision among my family which led me to move in with my sister, boyfriend and their 3 kids. I went from a cozy apartment to a house with 7 people. It was not an easy adjustment because I still didn't allow others to help me, I had trust issues and my son was very attached to me and I honored that.
Even 1 year later, I still didn't have a grip on my new life. I was very protective of my son and had a very hard time letting others watch him which was probably the reason I was so worn out. It felt like every time I went to shower or take a bath, my son would cry. I even tried to keep him in his little rocker next to my bathtub and he would still cry. This new life, the hormones, led to post-partum depression and many tears. Luckily, I came out of that on my own.
1. Paint your nails or go to a salon
2. Take a bath with your baby, or alone if you can get away with it
3. Read a book while your baby naps or plays
4. Go for a nature walk together
5. Listen to some music, podcast, or audiobook.
6. Write in your journal, write affirmations or make a gratitude list.
7. Do some fitness. You can go for a jog, or do some squats while holding your baby.
8. Sing! Singing is full of positive uplifting energy.
9. Watch a funny movie. You can do this together or on your phone/tablet while your baby sleeps/plays
10. Dance girl! Dance with your baby, they will love it!
11. Take a nap together, you both deserve that rest
12. Write a blog! Talk about your experience, share something with others
13. Tidy up. This may not be a fun one, but you'll feel so much better after decluttering!
14. Go to the park, and swing on the swings, go down the slide with your little one(s)
15. Get yourself a gift! Don't forget to reward yourself!
Today, my son and I are closer than any 2 people I've ever seen. He loves to see me happy and respects my alone time. When I glow, he sees it and he glows.
If you're feelin' wild, try my self-care activity deck and let the fates decide which self-care activity is best for you that day!
I'm just an artist, full-time mom trying to build an empire.